The Rugby World Cup will be the tenth edition of the event, with France hosting for the second time after holding the showcase event in 2007. 20 teams will compete, with the top 12 teams from the 2019 event qualifying automatically, with the remaining 8 teams coming from the regional qualifiers and playoffs being held through to 2022.
South Africa are the defending champions after defeating England in the 2019 Final in Japan, matching New Zealand’s record of 3 wins in the tournament, with Australia having won the event in 1991 and 1999, while England took out the remaining event in 2003.
Games will be played across 9 cities and venues, with the final due to be played at the Stade de France, with capacity of 80.698.
SportsLink Travel have applied to be an Official Travel Agency for the event and will provide a number of tour options for supporters and clubs. We expect to be able to offer three types of tours for the event:
- SUPPORTER TOUR PACKAGES – Tours include all travel, tickets and touring between games
- MATCH PACKAGES – Ticket and accommodation options for match days
- TEAM PACKAGES – Travel packages for club teams to play games and see selected games
We have already started planning options and touching base with our contacts in France to create some exciting and unique packages to visit various regions to see games and provide touring in between to create the ultimate travel packages
INCLUSIONS & HIGHLIGHTS:
- Full event, Pool stages or Finals packages
- Accommodation in each city
- International airfares
- Reserved grandstand seating
- Match transfers
- Social events
- Celebrity appearances
- Sightseeing trips between matches
- Day tours
- Supporters Merchandise
- Fully guided
- Add-on trips and extensions available
- Accommodation & flight upgrades available